Many people that work there do not take care of the elderly or act, dress or speak with professionalism. The outer appearances are beautiful, but what happens in the day to day operation is a concern to many who no longer will donate.
LVNs who have poor communication skills, bad charge nurses who push all of the work onto the CNAs who in turn are overworked. Most are not over the age of 30 as it is a very hard job, those that are professional will move onto becoming an RN (Yuba, that is "Registered Nurse") The poor unkept appearance of some of the staff is an embarassment, poor bleach jobs on hair, visable tattoos on neck, and hand, wrinkled and stained medical smock.
Here are the TOP TEN REASONS some Armenians might want to donate to the California Armenian Home
10. If you donate you get a 2 for 1 free tickets to the Grand Fresno Opera that the facility's legal counsel is one of the founding members of (P.S. they might unprofessionally cancel shows at the last minute)
9. Donate to Yuba's going away party
8. Fund the recruitment of a professional, DEGREED, and likeable replacement as Administrator.
7. You can get your name plastered on the wall as a "donor" and join the band wagon.
6. Your money can instill that the facility still occasionally serves Armenian Food.
5. Somehow if you donate they won't have to accept government funding which is the majority of the operational budget. (Don't bet on this one they like the government money)
4. Your donated money might insure that an Armenian is part of the administration at the California Armenian Home instead of just a low level cook, janitor or maintence person.
3. The money can be used to complete the remodeling inside, then the home can be sold to a corporation that KNOWS how to operate a facility.
2. Donations can help offset costs of poor people who don't qualify for MediCAL or who cannot afford to pay over $5,800 a month ($70,000 a year) for this human warehouse. Then Yuba won't slam the phone down on community leaders who want to put a relative in there. This has been documented 3 times already. They were: An Attorney, A Pharmacist, and the host of the Armenian Radio Show (big mistake Yuba)
1. And the number one reason?.....
That your money can be used to purchase back the AACL building, (Armenian American Citizen's League Building) this building was mistakenly handed over to the home over 40 years ago when the home needed the assistance. The home collects money on the rent of the building. But what money was used on that $500,000 face lift? Hopefully, not MediCAL or MediCARE money intended for patient care. MORE ABOUT FACE LIFTS LATER...