The current administrator of the California Armenian Home, Yuba Sonofabitch, started at the home over 30 years ago as a CNA. Over the years, she has learned to align herself with a few influential people and knows how to play the political game very well.
Cuba has additionally hired people who are non-Armenian in key positions, she looks for people that are new immigrants: Hmong, Mexican, Russian, etc., who are desperate for a job. They come cheap and are so grateful to have a job they will not cause any waves for Tuba. Scuba, has a small circle of these dregs (who cannot find a job anywhere, desperate for money, single mothers) that are loyal out of fear of losing their jobs.
Lubica, left over 5 years ago (or was asked to leave) and headed down to San Diego to work at the Emmanuel facility. Then the unfortunate thing happened, the company managing the California Armenian Home facility had a $100K shortfall of money (because of incorrect billing to MediCAL) the then board president Julie (*set the odometer back) Miller panicked and against the boards wishes begged Lubrication to come back. This later resulted in 3 board members who are community leaders to step down from the board or be voted out by the Miller-Saroyan-Bagdasarian family / friends
* Fill in the dots yourself, Miller's husband has a car lot that was busted for setting back odometers. THIS SAME FORMER BOARD PRESIDENT THAT CLAIMS "We treat everyone the same" yet her auntie Charlotte has a private room with the best of furniture and care.
Yuba negiotiated a $150K a year salary and additional $20K for passing audits (total compensation $170,000 yr) yet to our knowledge posses no degree of any sort, nor has a medical license (although she claims online to be a "Physician") She stepped in with the understanding that she would have control of the hospital and turn it around, yet to this day she believes that she is grossly underpaid. This is more than physicians, lawyers and others that are highly educated.
MediCARE and MediCAL have made many changes to their reimbursements, the laws are constantly changing and a facility with a $17+ million budget (65% from Government, 20% private pay, 15% donations) cannot be handled by an ignorant rude person who has no clout in the Fresno Community. on 3 seperate occasions Ms. Tuba, Yuba, Scuba or whatever her name is has rudely told members of the Fresno Armenian Community that "we hag no rome forg your familee" (in her crass uneducated Croatian accent) then slams down the phone. One of these "Fresno Armenian Leaders" was an attorney that called a board member who had George Juarez call her back within 3 days for a room.
Yuba leads by fear and intimidation, this is her only talent. It works for so long then her little small group of loyalists cannot take it. The turnover is high at the California Armenian Home, anyone with real talent will move on to work in a non-nursing home facility. Snuba will not hire anyone that is intelligent or has a mind of their own. Especially any educated Armenians, they are considered a threat to her. There are tons of Armenian surgical nurses, physicians and other medical professionals that would be a benefit to the hospital. But now that it is heavily government subsidized you have to play by the government rules. Meanwhile that Armenian money that use to flow in to the California Armenian Home is shrinking, shrinking, shrinking to nothing.
ManorCare Health Services - Palm Desert, CA is a proven leader in skilled nursing and rehabilitation. ManorCare provides a wide range of comprehensive medical services. We provide 24-hour nursing care as well as physical, occupational and speech therapy service to a broad spectrum of patients. This location is a 178 bed skilled facility with solid survey history.
Are you a NHA that possesses the following characteristics?
High sense of urgency
Attentive to details
ManorCare Health Services - Palm Desert, CA has the perfect opportunity for you to exceed the expectations! In return for your excellence, you'll enjoy excellent training, recognition for your ideas, unlimited opportunities to prove yourself and industry leading benefits. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare!
Bachelor's degree in nursing home administration or related field required; Master's degree preferred; NHA License as required by state law.
489 - MCHS - Palm Desert SNF, Palm Desert , California
Operations - Management
Nearest Major Market: Palm Desert Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles Job Segments: Nursing Home, Rehabilitation, Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Speech Pathologist, Healthcare
What Does an MBA in Health Care Administration Cover?These MBAs aim to give students a solid background in and extensive knowledge of business while also focusing on the specializations within health care administration. The programs teach students how to handle economic, regulatory, ethical, social, political and legal demands associated with working in the health care industry. This degree program also shows students how finances, operations and marketing activities pertain to the health care industry. Graduates of Health Care Administration MBA programs will know how to analyze economic, statistical and quantitative information to make sound business decisions, practice financial management, and effectively identify and address legal and ethical issues that arise in health care. Health care specific courses may include: Health Care Structure, Organization and Governance; Public Health Organization and Management; Health Policy; Financial Management of Health Care Organizations; and Quality Performance and Management.
Getting Into a Health Care Administration MBA ProgramStudents who desire to enroll in a Health Care Administration MBA program will need to have a bachelor’s degree (in any major) from an accredited institution. Students do not necessarily need to have any experience in business or health care, though taking some courses in hospital law and ethics as well as a course in the foundations of business before applying can help increase chances of admission. Applicants should also have a minimum GPA of 2.0, as is the case with Ashford University. Those with a lower GPA sometimes may submit satisfactory GMAT or GRE scores. Some schools may mandate that additional forms be submitted, such as:
- letters of recommendation
- essays of program intent that follow provided prompts
- resume detailing work experience
Why Should I Get an AACSB Accredited Health Care Administration MBA?Make sure the business school you select is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The AACSB is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to advancing quality management education and serves as an accreditor for undergraduate, master’s and doctoral programs in business and accounting. With accreditation from the AACSB, you will know that you have chosen a reputable MBA program that will challenge you and you will earn a degree that is respected in the job market. Many employers will not hire job candidates who possess a degree from a school that is not accredited.
What Jobs Can an Online Health Care Administration MBA Get Me?
- Hospital Administrators: These professionals oversee the various departments in a hospital to ensure that they run smoothly and effectively. They act as liaisons to governing boards, assist divisions of the hospital to work together as a team, and are responsible for the recruitment and hiring efforts of staffers including doctors, nurses, interns and other workers needed in hospitals. Administrators working at smaller hospitals generally are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the entire facility, while those employed at larger hospitals most often are in charge of activities within one department.
- Medical and Health Services Managers: The duties of medical and health services managers include the planning, directing, coordinating and supervising of the delivery of health care services. This can include daily operations, technological innovations, managing staff and working as part of a team. Medical and health services managers are employed in hospitals, physicians offices and nursing and residential care facilities.
- Health Care Finance Managers: These managers oversee all aspects of finances for hospitals and other medical facilities including daily financial operations, contract reviews, budgets, financial reporting and analysis. They are also responsible for ensuring health care organizations are in compliance with tax and legal regulations. Given the nature of their work, these types of managers must stay up to date on issues related to health care financing.
Top Earning Industries for JobsHospital Administrator:
- Orthopedic Surgery: $50,868-$181,788
- Acute Care Hospital: $82,472-$152,605
- Medical Services: $42,645-$85,200
- Hospital: $32,552-$56,689